iamtrend Pty Ltd (Registration No. 2015/122071/07) (“iamtrend”, “us”, “we” or “Responsible Party”) is a private company duly registered and incorporated in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa, that operates as an online ecommerce company. This Policy is important to us and is applicable to customers and users of our online services and/or products and our website located at www.iamtrend.com.
All references to “personal information” (or also referred to as “information“) in this Policy includes any personal information as defined in POPI.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected when using our services and to business practices which are compliant with all relevant legislation, which includes the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“POPIA“) and the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002 (“ECTA“). We wish to balance our legitimate business interests and your reasonable expectation of privacy and will take all reasonable steps to prevent the unauthorised access to, or disclosure of your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee that your Personal Information will be one hundred percent secure.
Any reference in this Policy to “website” includes our mobile application (“app”) should we have one.
This Policy sets out how your personal information will be processed and protected, as well as how we may use personal information that we collect about you when you visit our website, enter, or apply to enter into an agreement with us. By using our website, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to be bound by this Policy. If you do not agree with any part of this Policy or our Website User Terms and Conditions, you must immediately cease your access and use of the website. Please also read our Cookie Notice in conjunction with this Policy.
We may amend this Policy from time to time, in line with any changes that may be required by legislation or our internal business operations, and the version available on our website at www.iamtrend.co.za at the time that you interact with us, will apply. Please remember to read the Policy whenever you visit our website.
If you have any questions about this Policy or do not agree with its content, please contact us directly at email@example.com.
- COLLECTING YOUR INFORMATION
The types of personal information that we collect and process includes information necessary to provide you with access to our products and services as well as personal information identified in relevant data protection laws in the Republic of South Africa, including POPIA.
- Methods of Collection
We collect information about you as follows:
- information you provide to us on our website or through our applications;
- information you provide through communications with us;
- information from external sources such as credit bureaus and social media services like Facebook, Pinterest, provided you have consented to us obtaining information from such sources;
- information from website interaction with us; and
- information from other third parties related to our operations or within our business structure.
We may record calls as required by law, or for quality checks, staff training and/or for purposes relating to your relationship with us.
When you use our website, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser which may from time to time include your location, IP address, cookie information, and the page you requested. This is statistical data about browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual. We may also obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies enable us to improve our service to you, estimate our audience size and usage patterns, store information about your preferences and recognise when you return to our website.
- Visiting our website
When you visit our website, our web server automatically records the name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider), the website from which you visit us, the pages on our sites you visit and in what sequence, and the date and length of your visit. This information is aggregate and anonymous data and does not identify you specifically.
The website may include links to other websites which do not fall under our supervision. We cannot accept any responsibility for the protection of privacy or the content of these websites, but we offer these links to make it easier for our visitors to find more information about specific subjects.
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
In providing your personal information, you consent to us using the information collected in order to meet our commitments to you and to provide you with the service you expect and for the purposes for which it was collected and agreed with you.
- Information we hold
We may generally store and use the following information (depending on the reason why we collected the information):
- your first name(s), surname, address, phone numbers, e-mail address, date of birth, employment, banking and financial details;
- IP address or cookie information;
- location information;
- demographic information including your age and gender;
- information we receive when making a decision about your application (including information we received from the credit bureaus or other third parties);
- debit order details;
- and any other information which we reasonably need to perform our obligations in terms of the agreement with you, or for purposes of marketing to you, to make decisions about you or fulfil our regulatory, compliance or other business obligations.
Third parties, who may be responsible parties in their own right, such as payment gateways, may collect your payment details via our website in order to ensure that you transact securely with us. Those details will only be stored by such payment gateways, and not by us.
- Personal information about children and special personal information
We refer to our Website Terms and Conditions in terms of which you warrant that you are 18 (eighteen) years or older.
We do not intentionally collect or use information of children unless with consent. Our intention is therefore to only process information about children with the consent of a competent person (someone like the parent or guardian), or if required to establish, exercise or defend a right or obligation in law, or if otherwise allowed in law to process it.
We do not intend to process any “special personal information” about you, as defined in POPIA, which includes, for example, political, religious or health-related information, except if we are:
- under a legal obligation to do so;
- receive your consent to process it; or
- otherwise allowed in law to process such information.
- Information we share
We will keep your personal information confidential and only share it with others for the purposes set out in this Policy, or if you have otherwise consented thereto, or if we are legally obliged or entitled to do so.
We have trusted relationships with carefully selected third parties who perform services on our behalf. All service providers are bound by contract to maintain the security of your personal information and to use it only as permitted by us.
Subject to this policy, we may share information about you with:
- affiliates of ours, in which case we will seek to require the affiliates to honour this Policy;
- any firm, organisation or person we use to help us to collect payments and recover debts or to provide a service on our behalf;
- any firm, organisation or person who provides us with products or services, and or delivery of those products or services, reasonably require access to your information;
- any payment gateway we may use;
- regulatory and governmental authorities, ombudsmen, or other authorities, including tax authorities, if we are requested by them to do so; and
- any other third party, if we are legally obliged or entitled to do so.
- How we use your information
We undertake to only process your information insofar it is adequate, relevant and not excessive for the purposes set out below.
We may collect your information and use it for purposes related to:
- performing our duties in terms of any agreement or proposed agreement we may have with you;
- operating and managing your account, any application, agreement or correspondence you may have with us;
- carrying out, monitoring and analysing our business;
- contacting you by email, SMS, letter, telephone or in any other way about our products and services, unless you inform us that you prefer not to receive marketing communications;
- identifying or preventing fraud and money laundering;
- forming a view of you as an individual and to identify, develop or improve products that may be of interest to you;
- carrying out market research, business and statistical analysis;
- carrying out audits;
- performing other administrative and operational tasks including the testing of systems;
- tracing your whereabouts, should it be required for delivery of our services to you, or it otherwise becomes reasonably necessary to do so;
- recovering any debt you owe to us; and
- complying with our regulatory or other obligations.
Your information may also be used for other purposes for which you give your permission, or where we are permitted to do so in law, or when it is in the public interest to disclose the information.
You may on reasonable grounds object to the processing of your personal information, after which we undertake not to continue to process such information, except as provided for in law.
We will only keep your information for as long as necessary to carry out our services to you or for as long as we are required by law. We cannot remove your information when there is a legal storage requirement, such as book-keeping rules or when there are other legal grounds to keep the data, such as an ongoing contractual relationship.
If you believe we are using your information unlawfully, you may lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator, with the following contact details:
Tel: (010) 023 5200
We are committed to implementing appropriate technical and other security measures to protect the integrity and confidentiality of your information.
We protect and manage information that we hold about you, by using electronic and computer safeguards such as firewalls, and data encryption.
We only authorise access to information to those employees who require it to fulfil their designated responsibilities.
When you use the website, it will require your, username, address, contact information and password. You are responsible to maintain the secrecy and confidentiality of your username and password. Should you misplace or have these details stolen from you it is your responsibility to inform us and to take steps to change these details.
- QUALITY AND ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
We want to ensure that your information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove any information that you think is inaccurate, by sending us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to request us to provide you with information that we hold about you. You must contact us directly to do so or send an e-mail to email@example.com. Fees to obtain a copy of your records may be prescribed in terms of POPIA, for which we will provide you with a quote before disclosing such records.
- RETENTION OF INFORMATION
We retain information in accordance with the required retention periods in law or for legitimate business purposes. We will however only retain your information for the purposes explicitly set out in this Policy.
Should we keep your information longer than is strictly necessary for purposes of our agreement or as required in law, we will either de-identify your information, or keep it for statistical purposes only.
Whilst we retain your information, we will continue to abide by our non-disclosure obligations and will not sell or share your information without your consent.
We will report any security breach to both the Regulator and the individuals or companies involved. If you suspect any breach regarding your information, kindly notify us immediately by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are not responsible for, give no warranties, nor make any representations in respect of the privacy policies or practices of linked or any third-party websites.
- TRANSBORDER FLOW OF INFORMATION
We may only transfer your information to foreign countries in order for us to perform services to you and/or for purposes of any agreement we have with you.
Such information shall only be transferred to recipients who are subject to laws, binding corporate rules or agreements, that provide an adequate level of protection that uphold the principles for processing of information that are substantially similar to those principles as set out in POPIA.
- RESPONSIBLE PARTY DETAILS
Our details are as follows:
company Name: iamtrend Pty Ltd
Physical Address: Office 2A, Waterside Place 2, South Gate, Tyger Waterfront, Cape Town, South Africa
E-mail Address: email@example.com
Telephone No.: +27 (081) 335 0870